7/26/07

Can 10 minutes change your life?

This week, I decided to make a small change, and see how it works. When I was at the store on Friday after work, I bought some breakfast stuff. I never eat breakfast. Breakfast for me is coffee at work. 2 cups usually. Sometimes 3 depending on the morning...

So I wanted to see how breakfast could change my life. Just a small thing to do, and everyone says it's the most important meal of the day. So, I set my alarm to go off 10 minutes early....at 6:30.

On Monday, I woke up, showered, got dressed, and had breakfast. I ate a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats. I've always loved that cereal. Crunchy and sweet. And plus it's probably good for you. And their commercials are hilarious! I think Tylenol tried to steal the jovial spirit with their "i love making tylenol" commericals. Anyways.

So I noticed on Monday at work, I only had 1 cup of coffee. But it was a bit rushed that day. So no big change. On Tuesday, J had to get up early for work and so even though my alarm went off at 6:30, I couldn't get in the shower till 6:40. I skipped breakfast this morning. I realized mid-day I could have gotten up and had breakfast BEFORE my shower. But that just didn't seem right.

Wednesday came, and I had breakfast again! I noticed I wasn't so starved by 10:30. Normally at that time, when the stomach starts growling, I go for another cup of coffee to subside the noise. Oh, and I actually got to work by 8am. Not normal for me.

Today is Thursday. I'm really liking having breakfast. And, for whatever reason, I seem to have much more time in the morning, despite getting up ONLY 10 minutes earlier.

So, in short. Set your alarm for 10 minutes early, and don't hit snooze. And eat something!

hi mj.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online