2/27/07

I did make it through...

It's been awhile since I posted, but Yes, I survived the lasik. I thought that I was going to have a coronary during the first part of the procedure. But, luckly the assistant, Janice, was EXTREMELY comforting and held my hand the whole time. I suffered from a huge case of claustrophobia. See, they put these lil clear thimble looking things over your eyeballs. And while a laser is probing tiny lil holes (to make preforation marks) around the eye to make a "flap,", the plastic thimble guy is suctioning your eyeball, and then BAM everything turns black. (and yes, the eye is open). It didn't hurt, but mentally I just freaked out. The second part of it - the actual lasering to correct my vision, was so quick and painless. But still had some sort of freakout because you can see everything they're doing.

Of course, in the end, it's all worth it. I've started the whole eye drop regimine that is to last about a week. My vision is clear, but it is also filled with a halo effect around white/light objects. This will go away as the cornea heals. As the Dr. explained it - if my cornea was a big sheet of metal, the laser was a hammer and made all these dents in it. Now, as time goes on, the cornea will smooth back out and therefor decreasing the halo effect.

Not sure if it's related - but I have noticed that ever since I had the procedure, I've had the WEIRDEST dreams. The first night, I was shot - twice. I was some sort of agent and was watching these two guys and about to shoot them. I shot once, missed, and they didn't know where it came from. I shot again, hit one, then the other came after me and shot me once in the leg and once in the chest.

The next night I had a dream and I was stabbed, twice (again). This time it was in the knee cap then in my abdomen. It was weird because I can still remember the sound it made as the knife entered my flesh. I don't know what lead up to the stabbing, but something did.

Last night was the weirdest night. I was going down some sort of water slide thing, but I was clothed. All of a sudden this worm is just laying on the slide. It's a thing that looks like the peanut worms the contestants on Survivor just had to eat. Anyways, I see it, pick it up and start twirling it around. I let go and it flies off into the distance. I continue on the slide, and all of a sudden i start falling off. I end up in the water, and then this huge snake weird thing starts swallowing my legs. Then I woke up. Weird, huh?? I wonder what it all means.....

1 comments:

Chris said...

I think those dreams mean you're not contributing enough to your 401(k).

Just kidding. Congrats on your new eyesight!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online